HERE ARE THE RULES OF THE CHALLENGE:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve a little recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they’ve been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
1. I attended Marquette University
2. I was educated in the Catholic schools from kindergarten through college
3. My sister was an NFL cheerleader
4. I have coached golf, baseball, and basketball
5. My wife Lizzie is from Green Bay, which makes Sunday's tough
6. I make my own thin crust and deep dish pizza
7. I have never had a cup of coffee in my life
8. My Dad was a teacher and my Mom was a social worker, and both my sister and I followed in those professions respectively
9. My wife and I had 3 permanent addresses in 2012
10. My professional sports hero is Bo Jackson.
11. U2 and Coldplay are my favorite bands.
Ok, now here comes the hard part. I have to answer 11 question's that my blog nominator has posed. Here we go...
1. How has blogging and being “connected” impacted your practice?
I am sharing ideas and being inspired by people from all over the world. I now receive self-directed professional development everyday and am in a constant state of learning. It has been a game changer.
2. What is a blog post you have read recently that you would like to share with others?
This is one of the most passionate blogs I've ever read from my mentor Tony Sinanis.
3. What is your favorite food/restaurant? Tough one, maybe- "Smoque" BBQ in Chicago.
4. Why did you choose to be a high school, middle school, or elementary educator?
High School is an incredible time in your life. I wanted to continue to be a part of the journey for and with my students.
5. What is your favorite movie, book, and song?
Movie- Shawshank Redemption Book- To Kill a Mockingbird Song- U2- City of Blinding Lights
6. What is your favorite vacation destination?
Hawaii- more specifically Maui
7. Where do you want to travel most that you haven’t been to yet?
I could probably spend some time in Australia!
8. What are you most proud of in your career?
Its probably not anything you can quantitatively measure. I think the success and happiness of my students after they leave high school makes me the most proud.
9. iPhone or Android?
Apple. Think Differently.
10. If you had a superpower what would it be?
I'm flying for sure!
11. If you could change one thing in education what would it be?
The way politicians, the public, and state measure what truly makes a school successful.
Below are 11 educators/bloggers that I am challenging to answer my questions. I respect all of them for making me a better educator and inspiring me to do great things.
2. Jenna Shaw
3. Tony Sinanis
4. John Fritzky
6. Chris Lange
10. Jason Curtis
11. Jeff Zoul
Here are 11 questions I have for my blogging friends:
1. What is your favorite quote about education?
2. What are you most passionate about in life?
3. If you were having students work in groups, how many should the group have to be most effective?
4. What is your favorite Sunday activity?
5. Which twitter chat is your favorite?
6. Who inspires you the most?
7. What advice would you give to someone interviewing for a job?
8. What will classrooms look like in 20 years?
9. Most significant historical event/sporting moment you've seen "live" in person?
10. What is your greatest professional accomplishment?
11. Best concert you have ever been to?